We have been keeping the best surprise the past few months…
Baby boy McCloud coming August 2021!
We are so thrilled to announce that we are having a baby! Of course, our dog Penny Lane has giving us a head start on practicing our parenting skills. We are so overjoyed that the Lord answered our prayers in His perfect timing – which is always the very best! It was just this past November that I happened to read a devotional from SHEREADSTRUTH and the verse that day was ““Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth.” Luke 1:13
And I know this story was so different than ours (I don’t think we will name our baby, John) but when I read this verse at my kitchen table…I knew the Lord was speaking right to me. I was certain that this was my sign that the Lord was hearing our prayers and that we didn’t need to be afraid. Little did I know…we would be finding out that we were expecting that next month! We are so thankful for this little baby that has already been SO much fun to celebrate. This next season of our lives is going to look so different (and after the crazy year we had for 2020….we are totally ok with mixing things up) Isn’t it funny how you change your priorities after being stuck at home for nearly a year?! Yeah – we are ready and excited!
Here’s some fun FAQ’s!
- How far along are you? Officially 24 weeks & just in the start of my 6th month! Which is crazy, because I don’t feel THAT far along. A pregnancy app on my phone says that “baby is the size of Mr. Potato Head or a pomegranate”.
- When are you due? August 24th…ish. I’ve always heard to call your due date your “guess date” because you really never know! Even though my mom’s birthday is August 25th, so that would be a fun birthday surprise!
- How are you feeling? I’m feeling good! No major complaints here. The first trimester did make me SUPER tired, but no morning sickness (thankfully!) now that I am in my second trimester, I am feeling more myself – just with a little baby bump that has caused me to re-think my wardrobe entirely! Ya’ll….maternity clothes are just plain weird and awkward. You may just find me wearing dresses for the next few months, Haha! My only other complaint….holy heartburn (if anyone has a great remedy for this that is not tums…text me asap) This baby might be born with full head of hair and a beard!! But I have started to feel our baby move – which is exciting, reassuring and weird all at the same time.
- Any cravings? I can’t get enough of sonic ice and half sweet/half unsweet tea. BUT the weirdest thing is that coffee tastes gross to me now; which if you know me you KNOW that is weird!
- What about Penny? Does she know? I don’t think she knows anything, but might find herself in for a rude awakening. Sorry Penny, you are getting demoted.
- Are you still photographing weddings? I sure am! In fact, baby McCloud has already assisted me on 6 weddings this year. I just have a handful of weddings for the remainder of this spring/summer season, and then I have blocked off a bit of maternity leave to focus on my new role as “mom!”. I will still be taking on smaller sessions here & there – but for wedding days, I am taking some time off. (but don’t worry – I’ll be back!)
We are so joyful and extremely grateful for this sweet baby on the way! We have some of the best family & friends in our little circle and we are so thankful for each and every one of you! Thanks for following along with our new adventure – and if anyone has any words of wisdom about welcoming your first baby, leave it below!
Photos by: Katie Tiller Photography